BLOGMAS DAY 24: Christmas Eve Book Tag
It's officially Christmas Eve, but also the last day of blogmas. I actually managed to not miss a post, but some were up later than planned (including todays' - sorry!).
Well for the last blogmas post, I thought I'd do the Christmas Eve book tag because what other time is more fitting than actual Christmas Eve! The tag was originally created by Sam from Sam's Nonsense on YouTube. Here's a link to the original video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adOoRjpUFkc .
Carry on reading!
1) Christmas Eve morning: what is a book you wake up excited to read? one you anticipate reading or one you read in the past that you want to get back into?
For one that's on my TBR, I'd pick Carry On by Rainbow Rowell as I've heard so many good things and know I'm going to be hooked.
For one that I've read previously read that had me excited to read, I'd have to say The Infernal Devices series as I couldn't stop thinking about them and was always excited to pick them up to carry on reading. I know the same will happen if I was to pick them up again.
2) Christmas Eve breakfast: what are your favourite treats during the holiday season?
For this one I didn't really know what to say because honestly I just love Christmas dinner and the leftovers on the days after. My favourites have to include 'pigs in blankets' and the stuffing my mum makes.
3) Family Time: What is a book that fills you with happiness and love? the warm fuzzies in general?
100% have to say the entire Geek Girl series by Holly Smale. I just connected to Harriet really well and being immersed into her story just makes me smile.
4) Christmas Carols: What are your favourite Christmas Carols or holiday songs?
In Primary School we used to do lots of carols and my favourites back then had to be Away In A Manger and Little Donkey. Those are carols right? I'm not really sure but they're the ones that I can still remember the best.
When it comes to just Christmas songs I like basically any of the popular ones. I'm not very good at remembering titles and singers, but I like most of the popular Christmas songs that you hear at this time of year. One of my absolute favourites has to be All I Want For Christmas. I've also enjoyed Sia's Christmas album that released this year called Everyday Is Christmas.
5) Anticipation: What is a book release you are very much anticipating?
To be honest I've tried not to look at any new releases coming next year as I do want to crack down on my TBR, meaning that I don't want to be buying too many new releases. One that I know that I will need to get is On The Come Up by Angie Thomas, which is coming out in 2018. After reading THUG, I know I'm going to have to pick it up.
6) You hear sleigh bells on the roof and are so excited you can't sleep!: What is a book that kept you up all night?
Normally I'm so tired that I have to put the book down and go to sleep because my brain just isn't taking in anything, so I've never really stayed up that late to finish one. I remember though when I read Wonder by R.J. Palacio a couple of years ago I stayed up to what was "late" to me then so I could finish it, so I'd probably have to say Wonder.
7) It's Christmas morning, and Santa has come!: What is a book on your wishlist that you hope to unwrap?
I mentioned in one of the other Christmas tags I've done this year that I haven't really asked for any books because my shelves can't handle anymore and I feel that otherwise I'll never get through this TBR pile. I know I've got one books for Christmas and that is Hetty Feather's Christmas by Jacqueline Wilson. Other books that I've had my eye on are the Fantastic Beasts Illustrated Edition, Harry Potter: A History Of Magic and A Journey Through A History Of Magic books that were released last month (I think).
Anyway guys that was the Christmas Eve book tag and the last post off blogmas. I hope you guys have enjoyed this countdown and let me know if you'd like to see it again next year. Hope you all have an amazing Christmas (if you celebrate it!) and I'll hopefully see you by the end of the year for a 2017 Wrap Up as well as my goals for 2018.
BLOGMAS DAY 16: Tis The Season Book Tag
It's the 16th of December today, meaning that we have less than 9 days till Christmas! Also, I can't believe I've managed to make it this far without skipping out a day. I won't celebrate now though as I do have more days to come.
I was struggling for ideas for todays post, but then I stumbled upon this tag, Tis The Season. I'm pretty sure it was created a couple of years ago, but I saw it on ChelseaDolling Reads' channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgJ068qxAcyCn_BINvGVWVg) the other day as she recently did it and I thought I'd give it a go. The tag was originally created by Richard from RichardMediaGeek on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/booksboysandsuch/videos?disable_polymer=1).
Carry on reading!
1) Do you have a favourite Winter read?
For this one, I'd have to say that I don't think I do. I only got seriously back into reading about 2 years ago, a bit before I created this blog. Ever since, I've been mainly reading books off my TBR and haven't had much time for rereads, so I don't really have a book that I'd reread ever Winter.
I'd probably have to say the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling, mainly Philosopher's Stone as they are some of my favourite reads and I do plan to reread them this winter.
2) Find a book with a blue cover.
The first book I found with a blue cover was Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt.
3) Find a book you'd use as the star on a Christmas tree.
This one took me a while to think of, but I'd probably say Forever Geek (Geek Girl #6) by Holly Smale as I love this series anyway, but the spine and some of the cover for this one is shiny and gold and I think it'd be quite fitting for the top of my Christmas tree.
4) Pick one fictional place that would be perfect for a Winter vacation.
This is probably quite a popular choice, but I would have to say Hogwarts itself or just Hogsmeade. Even thinking about it makes me feel all festive!
5) Pick one fictional character you'd take with you on your Winter vacation.
Seeing as I would be going to Hogwarts, if I had to take a character with me from Harry Potter, I'd probably take Ron or Hagrid. If I was to pick a non Harry Potter character, I'd either take Harriet from Geek Girl (by Holly Smale) or Bella from Super Awkward (by Beth Garrod).
Just realising that my answer isn't only one character, but more like four... oops!
6) Name one book on your Wishlist this year.
This year I actually had enough willpower not to ask for any books to begin with as I really want to crack down on my TBR for a while. However, I ended up going Christmas shopping with my mum and one of my presents will be Hetty Feather's Christmas by Jacqueline Wilson.
Other than that I really have my eye on the new illustrated Fantastic Beasts book that was released.
7) Favourite Holiday drink, treat & movie?
To be honest I don't really have a favourite holiday drink, so I'll just skip that out. My favourite treat probably has to be this Toffee & Pecan Roulade my Mum buys - mmm it tastes so good!
I've watched so many Christmas films and I'm really struggling to pick just one but I do love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I'm planning to do a full post on some of my favourite Christmas films soon, so you'll have to wait till then to hear more.
Anyway, that was the Tis The Season book tag. Make sure to check out Chelsea's and Richard's channels as they're linked at the top of this post. Hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for more Blogmas posts and maybe another tag as this one was really fun to do.
1) Start of Summer - Pick a book with an attention grabbing first sentence! - When I was thinking about this there wasn't a specific book that stuck out in my mind therefore, I decided to do a bit of digging around in my Read and TBR collections of books and I found one which I picked just because it sounded funny but also quite unusual. I picked Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green, which I have not yet read but I think I'm going to put it on my September TBR pile. The sentence is : When I was little, my dad used to tell me, "Will, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose."
2) Too hot to go out - Pick a book for a day in! - For this I picked The Pointless Book by Alfie Deyes as it has lots of puzzles and little things to complete and l think it would be a lot of fun to do when it's too hot to go out.
3) Summer Road Trip - Pick a book that you'd take on a road trip! - For this it was quite an easy decision to make and I picked Paper Towns by John Green as in the book they go on more than one road trip and also I picked it just because it's one of my favourite books this year.
4) Iced Tea Goodness - Pick a book with a cold setting! - I picked one of my recent reads for this and that is If I Stay by Gayle Forman as it's set in the snowiness of February.
5) Nasty Sunburn - A book you really disliked (so far) this year! - As I've read so many great books this year I found this challenge really hard but when I actually thought about only one book came to mind and that was Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I don't know what it was about this book that made me really dislike it but when I was reading it I just found myself really bored and not really wanting to carry on reading it.
6) Sizzling Read - Recommend one of your favourite books! - I would recommend Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell but I think so many people have read it already so my second recommendation would have to be The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson, I know that is also popular but I think less people have read it. They are both amazing and just my absolute favourites. JUST READ THEM!
This book tag was originally created by BookishMalyza on Youtube and even though I wasn't tagged to do it, I thought it looked quite a fun one to do so yeah..!
The Questions :
GREED - What is your most inexpensive book? What is your most expensive book?
My most inexpensive book is probably The Hobbit by J.R.R.TOLKIEN as I got it secondhand from my local charity shop for only 50p (I think).
My most expensive book wasn't actually just one book but three and they were The Divergent Trilogy box set by Veronica Roth in the beautiful American hardback editions. These cost me like £60 in total I think and then I had to pay a bonus 3 or 4 pound for shipping but they were total worth it as now I can look at my bookshelf and just admire the beauty.
WRATH - What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
This was a really hard question for me to answer and I'm still not 100% sure with what I'm about to say. I am thinking Veronica Roth because there were parts in The Divergent books that I really hated the way she took the story but then there were parts in Divergent and Allegiant that I really loved the story ( I didn't really like Insurgent.. like not a single bit).
GLUTTONY - What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?
A lot of people who have done this tag say Harry Potter but I haven't read them yet. EEK, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! I am planning on reading them ASAP.
So because I can't say Harry Potter, I'm gonna have to say Geek Girl by Holly Smale (I just love that series sooo much) !
SLOTH - What book have you neglected due to laziness?
Well, you already heard the Harry Potter confession but there's another series which if you haven't killed me yet then this is going to make you want to. PLEASE DON'T!
Okay... I haven't read The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare. OKAY BEFORE YOU GUYS ATTACK ME, I AM SLOWLY PURCHASING THE SERIES! I will be possibly be reading them next month and I'm really looking forward to it. :)
PRIDE - What book do you talk about in order to make yourself sound like an intellectual reader
Little Women by Louisa M Alcott because that is currently the only classic I have read. OH, THE HORROR!
LUST - What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
Some of my favourite characters are quite bold and strong (like Four from Divergent), but then I also quite like shy and cautious characters (like Audrey from Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella). Honestly, I like any sorts or characters as long as they aren't too whiny or just generally what you would call annoying.
ENVY - What books would most like to receive as a gift?
I really want to be gifted the rest of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare so then I can finally marathon the whole series. I would also like The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare.
Anyway, that was The 7 Deadly Sins Book Tag!
Hi! I see you've stumbled across my blog.