2015 Wrap-Up and Favourites
Wow! I just spent nearly an hour talking about all my highlights and memories from the year 2015 and then somehow it all got deleted. -_- seriously
I can't remember all that I wrote, so what I'm going to do is just do the second half of the post that I hadn't yet started, which is my 2015 Wrap-Up. Sorry guys for not doing the other part, it just randomly deleted all of what I'd written.
Anyway, in the year of 2015 I managed to complete my goal of reading 38 books by reading 39. I'm pretty pleased about that, but that wasn't all that I read, those are only the ones which I read after getting Goodreads so I could track what I read. In all I probably read about 50 (ish) books but we'll just called it 39.
I read a lot of great books and found a love for some new and amazing authors.
Anyway, what I'm going to do is list all of the books I read in 2015! If you just want to skip this part then just scroll down till you get to my 2016 reading goals title!
Let's go :
1) Paper Towns by John Green
2) Life With a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland
3) The Ghosts of Heaven my Marcus Sedgwick
4) Insurgent by Veronica Roth
5) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
6) Little Women by Louisa M Alcott
7) Bart Simpson's Treehouse of Horror : Fun-Filled Frightfest
8) Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
9) A Work In Progress by Connor Franta
10) Geek Girl by Holly Smale
11) If I Stay by Gayle Forman
12) Where She Went by Gayle Forman
13) Flame by Amy Kathleen Ryan
14) Fire Colour One by Jenny Valentine
15) The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
16) The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
17) Shadows by Paula Weston
18) The Cardturner by Louis Sachar
19) The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel
20) The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by Dan and Phil
21) The Rabbit Ate My Homework by Rachel Elizabeth Cole
22) Demon Road by Derek Landy
23) Crystal Cadets by Anne Toole
24) Grandpa's Great Escape by David Walliams
25) I Funny by James Patterson
26) I Even Funnier by James Patterson
27) Sophie Someone by Hayley Long
28) The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
29) Silence Is Goldfish (SAMPLER) by Annabel Pitcher
30) Teen Idol by Meg Cabot
31) The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark
32) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
33) City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
34) City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
35) The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell
36) All Wrapped Up by Holly Smale
Goodreads is playing up and not letting me view the titles of the remaining three books. But I just remembered a few more of the titles that I read this year but forgot to record, I'll include them now.
37) Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale
38) Geek Girl: Picture Perfect by Holly Smale
39) Geek Girl: All That Glitters by Holly Smale
40) The Martian by Andy Weir
41) In Real Life by Joey Graceffa
42) Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr
43) Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
44) Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
45) Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier
That's a few more that I'm 100% sure that I read in 2015. There is more, but I'm not completely sure about them. Anyway, as you can see I did actually read a lot more that 39 books. Let's get into my 2016 goals.
2016 Reading Goals
For 2016, I have a lot of smaller goals as well as some bigger ones. Some of these I'm well on the way to completing so yay!
Anyway this year I'm aiming to read 64 books in total. It's that number for a reason, because that's the number of books roughly (maybe one or two less) on my TBR pile and that leads me onto my second goal, which is to read all the books on my TBR pile. That may sound impossible, but I promise you it's not!
In order to completely read all of the books on my TBR pile, I've put myself on a book-buying ban for the whole year, apart from book gifted to me for my birthday and Christmas. I am still accepting books for review, just not purchasing any new books. This may or may not work out and I may not be able to stop myself from a good bargain, but I'm going to try. Obviously I will be purchasing one or two new releases, but they are ones that I will read straight away.
Those are my main goals but I do have some smaller ones that I would like to complete. One of these is to read as many of the series on my shelves as possibl, but here are the main ones I want to finish :
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (I have books 4,5 and 6 to read)
Harry Potter by J.K Rowling (Which I have already planned a buddy read with @admirerofbooks on Instagram. We will be reading a book each month, starting in January.)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner (I was gifted the first movie for Christmas, but I want to read the book first and I do own all of the books, so it's definitely time!
Anyway, that is all of my goal for 2016!
Let me know below how many books you read in 2015 and how many you are aiming for in 2016!
Hi! I see you've stumbled across my blog.