I occasionally get asked what my favourite standalone books are, therefore I thought why not turn it into a blog post! Anyway, here are some of my favourite standalones :
1) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell ~ I couldn't not write a blog post on my favourite standalones and not include this book! I knew I had to include it somewhere, but I didn't really know where to put it but in the end I decided to put it first.
If you haven't yet read this book then I really recommend that you do! It's got something for everyone which is one of the reasons why I love it so much. Also, Rainbow Rowell is one of my favourite authors, despite the fact that I've only read two of her books.
2) The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak ~ Just like Eleanor & Park, I couldn't not include this. This book is just so special to me and I love it so much. It's just so beautiful and well-written that I had to include it! I wasn't sure whether to put this book first or not but I decided on this order in the end. This book means something different than what Eleanor & Park does, the two books are incomparable.
3) The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson ~ This book is just incredible! If you are looking for a LGBQT+ book which will pull at your feels then this is the book for you. Just read it! That's all I'm gonna say :)
Also, I'm currently re-reading this so I will be uploading a review probably later next week!
4) Paper Towns by John Green ~ I actually only recently read this but it's quite quickly became one of my favourites and I already want to re-read it (I'm not joking either!) I've only read two John Green books and I'm not completely sold. I read The Fault In Our Stars and after I finished I thought that I really liked it, but then I left some time for everything to sink in and I actually realised that I didn't enjoy it that much and I was quite disappointed. I was hesitant on picking this up at first but I am so glad that I did.
5) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell ~ Earlier I mentioned that I had only read two Rainbow Rowell books and this is the other one! Personally, I enjoyed Eleanor & Park so much more than Fangirl which I wasn't inspecting to. There were parts of Fangirl that I sadly didn't like but the book still felt special to me. I really recommend Rainbow Rowell's books.
That was five of my favourite standalone books! I really recommend that you guys read these books if you are looking for a good standalone.
My top five standalone list will probably change in a week or so as it always does haha.
Hi! I see you've stumbled across my blog.