1) Start of Summer - Pick a book with an attention grabbing first sentence! - When I was thinking about this there wasn't a specific book that stuck out in my mind therefore, I decided to do a bit of digging around in my Read and TBR collections of books and I found one which I picked just because it sounded funny but also quite unusual. I picked Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green, which I have not yet read but I think I'm going to put it on my September TBR pile. The sentence is : When I was little, my dad used to tell me, "Will, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose."
2) Too hot to go out - Pick a book for a day in! - For this I picked The Pointless Book by Alfie Deyes as it has lots of puzzles and little things to complete and l think it would be a lot of fun to do when it's too hot to go out.
3) Summer Road Trip - Pick a book that you'd take on a road trip! - For this it was quite an easy decision to make and I picked Paper Towns by John Green as in the book they go on more than one road trip and also I picked it just because it's one of my favourite books this year.
4) Iced Tea Goodness - Pick a book with a cold setting! - I picked one of my recent reads for this and that is If I Stay by Gayle Forman as it's set in the snowiness of February.
5) Nasty Sunburn - A book you really disliked (so far) this year! - As I've read so many great books this year I found this challenge really hard but when I actually thought about only one book came to mind and that was Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I don't know what it was about this book that made me really dislike it but when I was reading it I just found myself really bored and not really wanting to carry on reading it.
6) Sizzling Read - Recommend one of your favourite books! - I would recommend Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell but I think so many people have read it already so my second recommendation would have to be The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson, I know that is also popular but I think less people have read it. They are both amazing and just my absolute favourites. JUST READ THEM!
This book tag was originally created by BookishMalyza on Youtube and even though I wasn't tagged to do it, I thought it looked quite a fun one to do so yeah..!
The Questions :
GREED - What is your most inexpensive book? What is your most expensive book?
My most inexpensive book is probably The Hobbit by J.R.R.TOLKIEN as I got it secondhand from my local charity shop for only 50p (I think).
My most expensive book wasn't actually just one book but three and they were The Divergent Trilogy box set by Veronica Roth in the beautiful American hardback editions. These cost me like £60 in total I think and then I had to pay a bonus 3 or 4 pound for shipping but they were total worth it as now I can look at my bookshelf and just admire the beauty.
WRATH - What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
This was a really hard question for me to answer and I'm still not 100% sure with what I'm about to say. I am thinking Veronica Roth because there were parts in The Divergent books that I really hated the way she took the story but then there were parts in Divergent and Allegiant that I really loved the story ( I didn't really like Insurgent.. like not a single bit).
GLUTTONY - What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?
A lot of people who have done this tag say Harry Potter but I haven't read them yet. EEK, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! I am planning on reading them ASAP.
So because I can't say Harry Potter, I'm gonna have to say Geek Girl by Holly Smale (I just love that series sooo much) !
SLOTH - What book have you neglected due to laziness?
Well, you already heard the Harry Potter confession but there's another series which if you haven't killed me yet then this is going to make you want to. PLEASE DON'T!
Okay... I haven't read The Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare. OKAY BEFORE YOU GUYS ATTACK ME, I AM SLOWLY PURCHASING THE SERIES! I will be possibly be reading them next month and I'm really looking forward to it. :)
PRIDE - What book do you talk about in order to make yourself sound like an intellectual reader
Little Women by Louisa M Alcott because that is currently the only classic I have read. OH, THE HORROR!
LUST - What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?
Some of my favourite characters are quite bold and strong (like Four from Divergent), but then I also quite like shy and cautious characters (like Audrey from Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella). Honestly, I like any sorts or characters as long as they aren't too whiny or just generally what you would call annoying.
ENVY - What books would most like to receive as a gift?
I really want to be gifted the rest of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare so then I can finally marathon the whole series. I would also like The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare.
Anyway, that was The 7 Deadly Sins Book Tag!
Hi! I see you've stumbled across my blog.